Getting Started

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:08 PM
I cannot get ClearScript running within my existing .NET 4.0 MVC application. I cannot build ClearScript (apparently, please correct me if I am wrong) because I am still using VS 2010. So I followed the instructions on using NuGet; however, after running into problems I followed the instructions form this thread: http://clearscript.codeplex.com/discussions/458779.

My application is built and deployed, but when I try to load any pages I am now getting a 'System.ExecutionEngineException' from IIS at mscorlib.dll!System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyByName(System.Reflection.AssemblyName assemblyRef, System.Security.Policy.Evidence assemblySecurity, System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, ref System.Threading.StackCrawlMark stackMark, System.IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, bool throwOnFileNotFound, bool forIntrospection, bool suppressSecurityChecks)

I have ClearScript.dll setup as a Project Reference:
<Reference Include="ClearScript">
  <HintPath>..\packages\ClearScript.V8.5.3.7.0\lib\ClearScript.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>
And both 64-bit native .dlls as Content Files:
<Content Include="ClearScriptV8-64.dll">
  <CopyToOutputDirectory>PreserveNewest</CopyToOutputDirectory>
</Content>

<Content Include="v8-x64.dll">
  <CopyToOutputDirectory>PreserveNewest</CopyToOutputDirectory>
</Content>
What am I doing wrong?
Coordinator
Oct 22, 2013 at 3:16 AM
Edited Nov 9, 2013 at 5:02 AM
Hello Jonathan!

First, it looks like you have the "Copy to Output Directory" property for the native DLLs set to "Copy if newer"; please change them both to "Do not copy".

Second, the native DLLs require Visual C++ 2012 runtime libraries. Please install the 64-bit version of the Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable package.

Finally, are you sure your application runs in a 64-bit process? Some versions of IIS default to 32-bit processes for web applications. Try adding the 32-bit native DLLs as well, also configured to "Do not copy"; it cannot hurt. Don't forget the 32-bit version of the Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable as well.

Please let us know if these recommendations do not resolve your issue.

Thanks!