Correct ClearScript Cleanup

Jul 10 at 2:55 PM
I have been using ClearScript in a Project for a while and have been using a simple cleanup operation of "engine.Dispose(); engine = null;"
Looking at your included "ClearScriptConsole" I notice you have a "using { }" and that is all.

So my question is what is the correct method to ensure all resources are Cleaned Up so that if I create the ClearScript engine several times I am not consuming resources.

My question stems from the assumption that I am doing something wrong as each iteration of the ClearScript engine that I execute results in a different engine.name value
eg 5 different calls of my "using { }" version of calling engine.Execute resulted in this below and I got the same using Dispose and also when adding GarbageCleanup(true).

Engine Name : V8ScriptEngine
Engine Name : V8ScriptEngine [2]
Engine Name : V8ScriptEngine [3]
Engine Name : V8ScriptEngine [4]
Engine Name : V8ScriptEngine [5]
Coordinator
Jul 10 at 3:46 PM
Hi egooner,

Calling the Dispose() method - either directly or via the using statement - is sufficient. If you don't do that, .NET's garbage collector will eventually take care of it, but it may take a long time.

As for engine names, "V8ScriptEngine [5]" refers to the fifth engine you've constructed with the name "V8ScriptEngine" during the current process's lifetime. It doesn't mean that there are five script engines currently active.

Cheers!
Jul 11 at 12:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I had hoped this was the case but was concerned that there is clearly tracking of the different instances having been created between NEW Engines telling me something was still around.