ClearScript installer for .Net 4.5 on Nuget.

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:45 PM
Edited Dec 1, 2014 at 11:46 PM
Hey guys, I put together a Nuget package called ClearScript.Installer (https://www.nuget.org/packages/ClearScript.Installer/). This should install a compiled 5.4 version of ClearScript and also properly set up all of the file dependencies in the project. I'm going to be using this package in my updated ClearScript.Manager package. Seems like splitting this out would help out a lot of people going through the hassle of compiling/distributing ClearScript.

Keep in mind that this is compiled against .Net 4.5 (it's 2 years old now), so If you want an earlier version of .Net you are on your own.

If you run into problems...drop me an issue in GitHub (referenced on Nuget.org).
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Looks great! Thank you!

By the way, recent V8 drops require the enhanced C++11 support of Visual Studio 2013, so the next ClearScript release will require it as well. We'd love to hear from users whether .NET 4.0 compatibility is still something they care about.

Thanks again!
Dec 2, 2014 at 10:27 PM
Cool thanks guys for the great product. Not a lot of effort to create the Nuget...nothing wrong with asking the community to pitch in a bit. :)

I do wish you guys would consider migrating to GitHub. I think you'd get more community involvement and in light of M$ moving all of the .Net stuff over there it would be in line with where things seem to be going.

Thanks again for the cool tools.