This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Debugging

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:23 PM
How to do debugging with visual studio...example?? steps?
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Hello!

To debug script code with Visual Studio:

• Use ClearScript's JScriptEngine or VBScriptEngine in your application.
  • Pass WindowsScriptEngineFlags.EnableDebugging into the script engine constructor.
  • Run your application without debugging.
  • Attach the debugger to your application's process in script mode.
If your application provides no pause during which you can attach the debugger, you can do the following if you're using JScriptEngine:

• Temporarily insert a debugger statement at the desired place in the script code.
  • Run your application without debugging.
  • When Visual Studio's just-in-time debugger window pops up, click Yes.
Once the debugger is attached, you'll see your script documents in the Solution Explorer window. You can then view the script code, set breakpoints, etc.

Good luck!
Oct 16, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!... It's working ...:-)
Oct 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Hello again,
          I am new to clearscript, i have tried with your solution to my post, it is possible to debug through visual studio but i want know that whether it is possible to do  debugging through 'SharpDevelop' debugger. If yes please tell me..thank you
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Unfortunately we are not familiar with SharpDevelop's capabilities. In theory, if SharpDevelop supports Windows script debugging, it should work for applications that use ClearScript's JScriptEngine and VBScriptEngine classes. We recommend that you forward your question to the SharpDevelop forums.
Oct 18, 2013 at 12:42 PM
thank you very much... :-) will please tell me steps to debug through Eclilipse ??
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Edited Oct 18, 2013 at 2:19 PM
Please have a look at Section IV of the ClearScript ReadMe. Good luck!