This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Assistance attaching debugger

Mar 17, 2015 at 4:49 PM
Edited Mar 17, 2015 at 4:57 PM
A couple months ago when I was first looking at clearscript, I tested attaching eclipse to script engine so you can debug scripts. It worked great.

Now, after putting in some work, I am once again trying to debug and it doesn't want to work!

This is an asp.net project, so it does make it tricker, but I had no problems initially.

Scripting is working, I just cannot attach eclipse.

Here is the error I get while visual studio is attached to my asp.net process when I try to attach eclipse.
The assembly with display name 'ClearScript' failed to load in the 'Anonymous' binding context of the AppDomain with ID 1. The cause of the failure was: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ClearScript, Version=5.4.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=935d0c957da47c73' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
There is a hintpath in my .csproj which is correct. The dll is where it should be, and clearscript is working properly. Any ideas??

EDIT: using nuget clearscript V5.4.1 and VS2013
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2015 at 8:11 PM
Hello!

What version of Eclipse are you using, and how exactly are you attaching it? Also, can you continue through that exception? If not, can you post a first-chance stack?

Thanks!
Mar 17, 2015 at 9:37 PM
Edited Mar 17, 2015 at 9:46 PM
I followed this guide.

https://pandeysk.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/debugging-with-clearscript/

Eclipse Version: Luna Service Release 1a (4.4.1)

As soon as I hit that exception, the w3wp process crashes and my attached VS debugger detaches. Hitting continue just detaches the VS debugger and prompts eclipse to pop up the error
An internal error occurred during: "Launching DevDebug".
java.lang.Exception: Failure: Connection closed
The VS error that I am having trouble reproducing presents itself as an MDA ("managed debugging assistant") error. There is no stacktrace to view.

I created a brand new asp.net project.
Install-Package ClearScript.v8.
Remove post build events.
Add native dlls to root of project from packages/clearscript/tools.
Add script engine to default form with debugging enabled.
Run the project locally, attach with eclipse, eclipse errors and the asp.net project crashes.
Coordinator
Mar 18, 2015 at 1:58 PM
Hi again,

We've reproduced this issue and are tracking it here. This is a new bug in ClearScript 5.4.1 that apparently affects ASP.NET environments only. Unfortunately there is currently no workaround.

Thanks for reporting this issue!